The 2020 TE 150i has been elevated to a whole new level. Husqvarna Motorcycles' innovative fuel injection technology finds its way into the lightest model in the range and the result is a combination of refined power and lightweight nimbleness that simply can't be ignored. The smooth power delivery, with the latest generation chassis and advanced WP suspension, offers a great mix of enduro-specific performance. Now, more than ever, with no need for jetting or pre-mixing fuel, combined with an electric start, the new TE 150i is quite simply the easiest way to master new trails.
Ultra Lightweight Punch
- Engine: The TE 150i has inherited the same fuel-injected technology from the bigger TE 250i and 300i. This adds the convenience of a 4-stroke engine by eliminating the need to premix fuel or adjust jetting for altitude. The engine also uses specific shaft arrangements, which are designed to harness the rotating mass of the engine for nimble handling. This, among other developments, makes it a lightweight and compact engine providing usable enduro-specific power while maintaining the low-cost maintenance of a 2-stroke.
- Cylinder And Piston: The TE 150i features a cylinder with a 58 mm bore and an innovative power valve design. This allows the lively 150 cc engine to deliver controllable power throughout the RPM range. The piston is designed to perfectly match the contour of the combustion chamber, delivering the highest level of 2-stroke performance. Additionally, the cylinder features injectors mounted at the inlet positions, which deliver the fuel downwards into the transfer port, guaranteeing excellent fuel atomization. This ensures more efficient fuel combustion, reduced fuel consumption and improved emissions.
- Exhaust: Tailored specifically for each model using an innovative 3D design process, the header pipe on the TE 150i offers further improvements in geometry and performance. This allows for improved ground clearance, making the header pipe resistant to impact out on the trail. The muffler also features a new aluminum mounting bracket, new internals and less dense packing material for improved noise damping and weight saving.
- Crankcase: Designed for minimal weight, the crankcases on the TE 150i engine feature a thin-wall design. To centralize mass, the shaft arrangements are precisely positioned to harness rotating masses at the ideal center of gravity, while improved sealing is taken care of by the reed block which features optimized carbon fiber reed petals.
State Of The Art Chassis Features
- Frame: The new chrome-moly steel frame is expertly crafted using laser-cut, robot-welded, hydro-formed tubes, ensuring the highest level of precision and quality. While retaining the advanced geometry of its predecessor, it features an increase in longitudinal and torsional rigidity, for improved rider feedback, better energy absorption and increased stability. The cylinder head mountings are made of forged aluminum, further improving handling and comfort. The premium blue powder coated frame features standard frame protectors, providing extra durability.
- Composite Carbon Fibre Subframe: The carbon composite subframe is unique to Husqvarna Motorcycles and showcases pioneering technology and innovation. Using 70% polyamide and 30% carbon fiber, the new 2-piece subframe saves 250 g for a total weight of just over 2.2 lbs. Light, robust and now 50 mm longer, the new subframe delivers improved rigidity, handling and rider comfort.
- Oil Tank And Pump: An electronic oil pump feeds vital 2-stroke oil into the engine. It is located just below the oil tank and feeds the oil via the throttle body, meaning the oil is only mixed with air at this stage. The pump is controlled by the EMS and delivers the optimal amount of oil according to the current RPM and engine load. The oil tank is connected to a filler hose which runs through the upper tube of the frame to a filler cap conveniently located for easy refills. The tank capacity is 0.7 l and is connected to a low-level sensor which illuminates when the tank needs refilling.
- Integrated Cooling And Radiators: The radiators are expertly crafted using high strength aluminum with CFD (computational fluid dynamics) to channel air through the radiators more efficiently. The cooling system is intelligently integrated into the frame, eliminating the need for additional hoses. New for 2020, is a 4 mm larger center tube running through the frame. This reduces pressure at this point, allowing for a more consistent coolant flow. Additionally, the new radiators are mounted 12 mm lower, closer to the center of gravity for improved handling agility. An optional radiator fan can be fitted and is available in the Husqvarna accessories catalogue.
- WP Xplor Fork: The WP XPLOR 48 mm front fork is designed specifically for enduro riding. Its open cartridge layout has a spring in each leg with split damping functions. Compression damping in the left leg and rebound damping in the right. Adjustment is via easy-to-access clickers (30 clicks) on the top of each fork leg. For 2020, the standard preload adjusters allow for easier adjustment without the use of tools. The fork's updated mid-valve piston delivers more consistent damping, while a new setting allows the fork to operate higher in the stroke for improved rider feedback and bottoming resistance.
- WP Rear Shock: Featuring a new main piston and updated base setting to match the new frame and front end, the WP XACT shock provides advanced damping characteristics to the new range. The compact and lightweight shock features a pressure balance inside, ensuring consistent damping and superior rider comfort. Using the same linkage progression found in the Husqvarna Motocross range, the rear end now sits lower, for improved control in extreme enduro conditions. The fully adjustable component delivers 11.8 in rear wheel travel, as well as unrivalled traction, feeling and energy absorption.
- Wheels And Tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted to the wheels are Dunlop Geomax AT81 tires which offer superior grip on a wide variety of terrain.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamp: The 22 mm offset black-anodized CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps have been expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Magura Brakes: The Magura braking system is designed for high sensitivity, providing a modulated feel while delivering superior stopping power. GSK wave disks (260 mm disc front and 220 mm rear) complete the high-quality braking package for complete confidence.
- Bodywork: The TE 150i features new bodywork which clearly showcases Husqvarna Motorcycles' pioneering approach to offroad motorcycle design. The ergonomics are specifically tailored to deliver greater comfort and control. As a result of extensive testing, the contact points have been slimmed down, making shifting between riding positions easier and allowing the rider to flow with movement. Thanks to the improved packaging of the wiring harness, the new seat profile reduces the seat height by 10 mm and together with the new seat cover, delivers superior comfort and control in all conditions.
- Map Switch: By using the MAP SELECT SWITCH, the engine characteristics can be tailored to modify the power delivery according to rider preference, conditions and terrain. It has two settings which can be toggled on the fly, namely, Map 1, for standard and full power, and Map 2, for softer power and delayed ignition timing for terrain with less traction.
- Throttle Body: The TE 150i uses a 39 mm throttle body which regulates the amount of air entering the engine via a butterfly operated by dual throttle cables connected to a new handlebar throttle assembly. 2-stroke oil is mixed with the air and enters the engine to lubricate the crankshaft, cylinder and piston. Additionally, a throttle position sensor (TPS) relays airflow data to the ECU which in turn calculates the amount of oil and fuel delivered to the engine while a bypass screw regulates the idling speed and a cold start device opens a bypass providing more air for cold starts.
- Engine Management System: The TE 150i features an electronic control unit (ECU) which is responsible for a number of functions. The unit determines the ignition timing, the amount of fuel and oil injected into the cylinder and additionally, translates the information received from various sensors to adapt values and make corrections for automatic temperature and altitude compensation. This means the engine always runs at the optimum fuel/air mixture at any altitude.
- Electric Start And Wiring Harness: All TE models come standard with an electric starter. The system uses a compact and lightweight Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 lbs lighter than a conventional battery. With several years of experience developing and perfecting electric starting, the proven reliability on the 2020 models is second to none, ensuring a quick and seamless start in any condition. Additionally, for 2020, an optimized wiring harness improves the packaging and concentrates all needed electrical components into a common area below the seat for easy accessibility.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 58 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Stroke: 54.5 mm
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Continental EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 300 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.5 °
- Ground clearance: 360 mm
- Seat height: 950 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 8.5 l
- Weight without fuel: 99.6 kg
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.